We are looking for an Account Manager who will be responsible for retaining and growing revenue across the largest education technology events. You will develop customer relationships, converting new business and up selling a range of space, sponsorship, digital and hosted revenues.
The company is an international organiser of exhibitions and conferences. Globally they welcome over 60,000 educators to their events and over 1,200 technology providers.
The role will be reporting in to the Commercial Director
- To secure new and rebook existing revenue across the exhibitions, hosted, digital and sponsorship solutions.
- Define and develop new sales to meet agreed revenue and profit targets
- Achieve and exceed event and personal targets by direct selling to existing and new clients
- Ensure full understanding of customer's businesses and requirements
- Identify new sales opportunities and develop them into long-term relationships.
- Self-source leads by networking at industry conferences and meetings, events, and competitor events, or through online research.
- Work with the international offices and the Sales team assigned to the relevant event
- Follow-up promptly on self-sourced leads and leads generated by the Marketing team, which may require calling people whom you have not previously met.
- Manage the relationship with all your customers by maintaining regular contact (via face to face meetings, phone calls, or emails), acting as their first point of contact, responding to their requests and queries directly, and keeping them informed of developments on the event.
- Manage and keep up to date the list of contacts at all your customers, as many customers have more than one person with whom we interact.
- Attend the event you support to re-book your customers for the next year's event and collect feedback on the current year's event.
- Work closely with and support the sales team in all matters concerning the Company's business.
- Updating weekly pipelines/reports and ensuring they are accurate.
You will Have:
- 2-3 years experience
- Experience of working with an international client base.
- Experience dealing with education or/and technology client base
- Strong background in telephone and face to face sales.
- Experience selling within exhibitions or conferences; digital solutions in a consultative manner.
- Project Management and Organisational Skills.
- Experience of achieving growth of existing portfolio by generating new ideas.
If your experience matches the above and you're super interested in the Account Manager role, please apply or get in touch to hear more. firstname.lastname@example.org
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds - we pride ourselves on attracting the best talent for every opportunity through a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.