Accounts Payable Assistant - Entertainment - Central London
A growing and reputable Entertainment business are looking for an Accounts Payable Assistant to join the team based in Central London. This Accounts Payable Assistant will be responsible for supporting the operational requirements of the Accounts Payable function. This role is an important and integral part of the Finance team, ensuring that the external suppliers are paid promptly and aiding the wider business in all aspects of the purchase request and invoice submission process.
This role is great for a candidate with 6-12 months experience working within a Finance function looking to join an exciting business and take on a new challenge.
- Processing supplier invoices and purchase requests.
- Performing checks on invoice coding, VAT allocations, etc. and providing Finance sign off for invoice payment.
- Assisting employees with system queries and providing support to end users on how to submit invoices.
- Providing guidance on raising Purchase Order requests.
- Assisting with the day to day maintenance of the Concur Invoice system, including updating supplier records, checking for duplicate invoices and chasing up outstanding invoice approvals.
- Monitoring the Accounts Payable email in box and answering supplier queries in a timely manner.
- Reviewing supplier statements and proactively contacting suppliers to follow up queries.
- Assisting the AP Manager in setting up and processing supplier payments.
- Assisting the AP Manager in the month-end close process completing creditor reconciliations and aged creditor analysis.
- Contributing to any ad hoc finance and AP projects.
- Previous experience within Accounts Payable is highly desirable
- At least 6-12 months experience working within a Finance setting
- IT proficient and comfortable learning new systems
- Excellent understanding of prioritising tasks and working to tight deadlines
- Confident to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to multitask in a fast pace environment
- A can do attitude, desire to learn and enthusiastic work approach
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds - we pride ourselves on attracting the best talent for every opportunity through a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.