Handle are delighted to be working with a revered book publisher in their search for an accounts assistant, this is an amazing opportunity for an individual who is interested in working in a creative and dynamic environment!
The overall responsibility will be assisting in the smooth running of the Accounts Department, including but not limited to:
· Coding and posting purchase invoices
· Raising sales invoices
· Credit control
· Maintaining sales and purchase ledgers
· Bank reconciliation (GBP/EUR/USD)
· Posting and allocating payments
· Preparing remittance advices
· Processing employees expenses
· Petty cash maintenance and reconciliation
· Prepayments and accruals
· Journal postings
· Handling queries from suppliers and customers
· Ad-hoc duties when required
· Prepare royalty payment runs twice a year and distribute all statements to agents and authors.
Experience with Sage 200 would be advantageous but not essential, as well as a medium to high working knowledge of Excel and previous experience in an accounts assistant role.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is fastidious, can hit the ground running and is able to demonstrate good communicative skills and an ability to deal with a high workload.
This is a great opportunity to gain experience in an exciting and challenging industry, and to contribute to the effective running of the accounts department.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds - we pride ourselves on attracting the best talent for every opportunity through a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.