Accounts Payable Assistant - FMCG - Bishops Stortford
A fast growing, leading FMCG business are looking for an Accounts Payable Assistant to join the team on a permanent basis. This AP Assistant will be responsible for helping the business optimise it's working capital position by ensuring that all purchase invoices are processed in a timely manner, and that the invoices are paid to agreed payment terms.
This position is an integral part of the finance function, it requires a candidate with lots of autonomy, eagerness and someone who is driven by results. The team are a great bunch, a friendly working environment and currently offer flexible working with a split between home and office hours.
- Process all invoices for both sites onto our SAP ByDesign system as soon as possible after receiving them.
- Resolve queries between Purchase Orders and supplier invoices by following the clarification process in SAP, and by contacting colleagues/suppliers.
- Communicate with suppliers regarding problems with invoices
- Communicate with internal colleagues regarding POs
- Ensure that invoices in query are followed up and that the number of outstanding invoices is minimised.
- Ensure overhead invoices and other invoices with no PO are correctly coded and approved in a timely manner.
- Organise and maintain an efficient process and tidy AP email inbox.
- Ensure supplier invoices are correct
- Look for new ways of processing invoices to shorten the time to process.
- Ensure the top 100 suppliers send a statement on a regular basis (minimum monthly)
- Reconcile statements to supplier accounts on SAP, requesting copies of missing invoices/credit notes and follow up on action points.
- Efficient process and filing to enable presentation to Auditors at year end.
- Perform weekly payment run, ensuring that all payments to be approved by Financial Controller are correct, and that the make up of larger payments are understood
- Answer any questions the Financial Controller may have about the weekly payment run.
- Ensure that suppliers are kept up to date, and any queries from suppliers are answered in a timely fashion.
- Escalate any threats from Suppliers to Financial Controller and other appropriate people
- Check bank details for all new suppliers to avoid fraud.
- Review of supplier accounts to eradicate debit balances
- 2 years experience in Accounts Payable in a Commercial Business
- Experience in Food, FMCG or Retail an advantage but not essential
- Has worked with purchase orders
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Works to deadlines
- Eager to highlight problems and solve them proactively
- Able to build relationships to help resolve problems
- Constantly looks for opportunities to improve ways of workings
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds - we pride ourselves on attracting the best talent for every opportunity through a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.