A 6 month contract for an experienced Broadcast Engineer at a Global Media Company
5 days onsite in West London - £350 p / d
A Broadcast Engineer is a hands-on position responsible for maintaining the technical integrity of Cloud and On-premises broadcast playout. The engineer will primarily be providing assistance to the UK Tier 2 Support Team; assisting in trouble shooting on air issues, liaising on live events, working on set projects and complete specific routine tasks as detailed by supervisory and management staff.
- Collaborate with the Broadcast Engineering team to understand the current technical needs and balance with future needs.
- Work closely with management to determine priorities relating to development and refinement of workflows and technologies.
- Must be able to handle high pressure multi-tasking situations.
- Excellent customer service, client management and communication skills required.
- Excellent problem solving and organisational skills and ability to prioritise tasks are a must.
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures and system documentation for all broadcast systems.
- Support other Media Engineering responsibilities and duties as assigned (i.e. support of front line duties)
- Engage and assist in all learning opportunities within the department. Continued development and constant collaboration is key to our team's success.
- Understanding of signal routing control systems to route video/audio and Video -over-IP signals.
- Compilation of Standard Operating Procedures and documentation in support of Maintenance and Operations.
- Must be able to adapt to changing priorities and meet the demands of a complex work environment.
- Continuous refining of procedures, development, training, and collaboration is a key to our team success.
- 2 to 5 years' experience in Broadcast Media environment.
- Knowledge of cloud-based fundamentals and current technological offerings of vendors such as Amazon AWS is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of serial digital broadcast equipment and measurement equipment.
- Preferred understanding of broadcast automation systems. Mediator and Pharos is a plus.
- Basic experience with Linux, Windows OS, VMware, AWS EC2 and Knowledge of basic network troubleshooting using ubiquitous OS tools (ex. ping, trace route, netstat).
- Working knowledge of remote support tools such as RDP, VNC, Telnet, and SSH.
- Ability to understand system drawings and signal flows. AutoCAD skills is a plus.
- Demonstrate the capability to patch around video signals and take other emergency corrective actions rapidly to maintain on-air status of television networks. Escalate to Management during high-priority incidents or during a loss of services.
- Good written and verbal communication skills needed to coordinate both within our department and between departments in various global locations.
- Ability to work occasional unsocial hours & some overnight shifts.
- This position is considered an essential position. This means that during times of inclement weather, emergencies, or when access to the workplace may be impeded, that employees in this position are expected to report to work to support business continuance, unless otherwise instructed by his/her direct manager.
Handle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.