We are excited to be recruiting for a Conference Production and Event Management Executive to join a UK-Headquartered global media group delivering subscription-based content through digital, print, conferencing and events channels.
Their events division currently comprises of two highly reputable mining portfolios and the company has a strong ambition to grow these and new areas over the coming years.
Both portfolios have a live and digital element with the recent successful launches, providing their community with bespoke content and a virtual marketplace all year round.
The events division is a busy and challenging environment requiring you to work on multiple projects at once. You will continuously collaborate and have the support of our sales, marketing, delegate sales, editorial and digital team to ensure the successful delivery of our events.
The successful candidate will play a role in relaunching and growing our mining portfolios. Reporting to the event director, this position is best-suited for a creative, self-motivated and confident individual who is a team player and wants to get hands on and varied experience in every part of an event with a view to eventually specialising in their preferred function.
Your role will be to collaborate with the editorial team to produce best in class, creative conference programmes through thorough research, agenda writing and speaker recruitment. You will play a pivotal role in the smooth running and successful management of our various events from planning to execution through successful exhibitor and speaker onboarding.
Your contribution to the business will include:
- Project manage video recordings for launches.
- Leading on all speaker preparation in the lead up to the conference including updating bios, panel preparation and website updates
- Ensuring all speakers are prepared for the event and have presentations ready before they arrive
- Attending event planning meetings, presenting clear and concise updates on the event milestones as required, identifying and addressing any impacts to the event and proposed resolutions
- Attending events with the rest of the team to run our live events
- Client liaison with all sponsors in the run up to the event, gathering necessary documents and materials in time for deadlines
- Delivery of virtual and live event sponsored items - meetings, seat-drops, drinks receptions, lunches, private dinners
- Close internal communication with our sales team to ensure expectations are met before, during and after the event
- Handling any logistical questions regarding speaker travel and accommodation if required
- Working with the event director to confirm set-up, floor plans, menus, drinks receptions, final numbers
- Managing delegate registration and reporting including badge design and process that registration runs seamless on the day
Your key stakeholders will include:
- Teamwork is critical to the successful delivery of our events, live and virtual. You will work hand in hand with our sales, delegate sales, marketing and editorial teams on a weekly basis
- The key to success is delighting our customers from the moment they sign up to the moment they leave the event. You will play a critical role in providing excellent customer service to our exhibitors, speakers and sponsors including C-suite leaders from major mining companies
Attributes and experience you'll have to be successful in this role:
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- You must have commercial acumen, which will allow you to demonstrate the balance between achieving revenue targets versus the quality of the product
- Ideally experience in working on events, conferences or exhibitions
- Excellent time management with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Confident communicator, with good interpersonal skills, in both written and verbal format
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to bring creative ideas and solutions to the table
- High level of PC literacy is required (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ideally exposure to or an interest in learning about the natural resource sector
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.