Job Title: Digital Trading Assistant
Industry: Online Retail
Salary: £26k - £28k
Contract Type: Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for a Digital Trading Assistant to work within retail. Our client is a pioneer, not a follower and they are looking for someone with the same passion and enthusiasm for all things digital. You'll be up on the latest industry developments before they even happen, and you'll know how to use them to the company's advantage. Even more exciting, they are in the process of moving to a fantastic, bright top floor office; complete with outdoor terraces and balconies for those summer days!
Our fast expanding in-house Digital Department is looking for a talented, passionate Digital Trading Assistant to join our dynamic team. You'll support the Digital Trading Manager in the trading and site optimization of the website and provide reporting and insights to help drive sales and conversion. You'll work closely with Demand Planners and marketing teams to help drive performance, report on KPIs, web analytics and work to deadlines
As Digital Trading Assistant you'll have a passion for all things digital. You'll have a foundation of digital knowledge within a retail environment and you'll be looking to really build your digital career. As well as coming armed with an irresistible personality and extraordinary attention to detail, you'll need to be organized and have a 'get up and go' mentality to become a master in our busy digital department.
You'll thrive at the idea of providing support to the busy digital team with the aim of maximizing the online trading opportunities.
- Support the digital team with day to day website trading and merchandising actions across all territories.
- Work closely with Demand Planners to understand intake weeks and key products to drive online trade.
- Work with CRM to brief weekly emails and other digital marketing content.
- Using data to discover actionable insights that will improve category performance (views, CVR, bounce rates, marketing channels, stock availability).
- Developing a full understanding of the online category statistics, the product range, range planning specific online pages and commercial factors to relate to product categories.
- Support on building out the trade calendar with key opportunities for product and trend launches.
- Visually merchandise the site on a weekly basis for all territories.
- Support the trading team to develop the customer journey and suggest ways to improve the experience online.
- Generate weekly, monthly, and ad-hoc reports to analyze trading patterns and identify opportunities.
- Use website analytics to monitor KPIs and make recommendations for improvement.
- Undertake competitor analysis on an ad-hoc/seasonal basis identifying opportunities that may help improve the customer.
- Undertake daily site walks to ensure the website is constantly up to date.
- You'll have a little experience in the digital work already and ideally come from a fashion/retail background.
- You'll have great numerical and analytical skills and be a whizz with Excel.
- Experience using Google Analytics and Hybris would be ideal.
- You'll be super-organized, able to juggle multiple tasks and prioritize!
- You'll have an eagle-eye for detail and accuracy.
- Good communication and being commercially aware is key.
- You'll be self-motivated, with a positive attitude - a team player who is keen to contribute and work collaboratively as part of an awesome team.
- You'll be the eyes and ears of digital, so keeping up to date with the latest developments in the digital arena is key.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.