Handle are working with a not-for-profit organisation exclusively representing and supporting the UK's independent music sector, which make up over a quarter of the UK's recorded music market alone.
Now in its 22nd year, members range from the largest, most respected record labels and associated music businesses in the world to self-releasing artists and the next generation of entrepreneurs in music - Beggars Banquet, Black Acre, FAMM, Warp to name a few.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small, busy and sociable team as a Senior Events Manager, leading the events portfolio and team made up of the Events Co-ordinator and others on an ad hoc basis. The Events team works closely with the CEO, COO, Financial Controller, Membership Manager and Professional Development Lead, and collaborates across the whole of the team.
The events team is active throughout the year, initiating, planning and delivering a range of events. This includes flagship events previously held at the Roundhouse and more recently staged as an online high-spec broadcast event; in-person and online music business-building conferences, Future Independents for emerging music and the UK's only global sync marketplace and conference, Annual General Meeting, which includes board elections, annual reports from the CEO and Chair, hosted previously at the British Library.
Alongside these, the events team organises and advises on networking and social events, and receptions. The events team also assist with inclusion in national and international music industry events such as The Great Escape and Liverpool Sound City.
- Creative vision and strategy for programme of events
- Helping develop and implement marketing strategy and providing comms content in relation to events
- Event planning / logistics
- Post-event analysis and reporting
- Working with rest of the team to develop panel topics
- Negotiate terms, conditions and fees for event spaces, vendors, suppliers, performers
- Booking artists / performers and speakers
- Delivery / running the events on the ground.
- Seeking and helping others in the team to lock in sponsorship and similar opportunities
- Building relationships internally and externally
- Managing staff / ad hoc teams, including interns, volunteers, etc
- Opportunities to represent at industry conferences and events
- You will have experience leading an events team and/or portfolio of events or run your own large-scale events
- You will be an enthusiastic self-starter with a diligent work ethic
- You will possess creative flair combined with practical delivery skills
- You are open to new ideas, have a collaborative approach and be comfortable receiving feedback
- You will be flexible, quick to adapt and comfortable with time management and working on multiple projects
- You are familiar with events tech and production
- Improving and streamlining processes at work comes naturally to you
- You will have strong relationships with relevant contacts such as a range of venues, backline, contractors, delivery partners, etc.
- You would ideally have experience / knowledge of ticketing systems
- A good knowledge of and interest in new music and the independent sector
- You are someone who loves being part of a team and keen to engage beyond events
- You have a keen interest in and enthusiasm for the independent music sector.
Location: Currently home-working but, in due course, HQ will be a central London location.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds - we pride ourselves on attracting the best talent for every opportunity through a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.