Exciting Senior Communications Role
Handle Recruitment are delighted to be working with the music industry's leading global body for recorded music to recruit an experienced Senior Communications person to join the team.
This is a vital and responsible role at the heart of the global team and within the wider network of members and stakeholders. This is an exceptional opportunity for an outstanding senior communications professional to work for one of the most dynamic and fast-changing creative industries. A passion for great communication is essential and knowledge and direct experience of the music industry will be a big advantage.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Work on planning and implementing of the organisations overall communications strategy
- Directly handle day-to-day media enquiries from news outlets worldwide
- Draft a full range of media briefs, releases, Q&As and talking points, as well as blogs and articles for external publication
- Research, drafting and editing of reports, including a yearly global report
- Help develop the social media strategy in line with its strategic goals;
- Develop and manage relationships with member companies, national groups and stakeholders
- Service and advise the affiliated national groups and organisations on media and stakeholder relations issues
The ideal candidate will have:
- An outstanding senior communications professional with a deep understanding of media relations and a passion for good, clear, powerful communication
- An exceptional writer with a track record of being able to produce high quality copy - from press releases to reports and articles - to strict deadlines
- At least seven years relevant experience, either an in-house or agency background
- Ability to understand, explain and summarise complex and sometimes technical subjects for non-technical audiences
- A collaborative and tenacious team player who will understand and enjoy working in cross-disciplinary teams and with multiple audiences and stakeholders
- A highly organised person able to prioritise tasks and workloads in a busy working environment
- Knowledge of the music or creative industries, will be a big advantage
- Prepared to travel internationally from time to time to conferences and meetings
If your experience matches the requirements above and you're interested in finding out more about this exciting opportunity, please apply now! Email email@example.com with a CV to apply!
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.