The role manages the Core Costs & Capex team. The team ensure appropriate accounting treatment and a robust financial control environment across the Core Costs & Capex related areas, spanning from leasing per IFRS 16 to monitoring non-stock purchasing to reviewing financial reconciliations and reporting.
Key duties will include:
* Maintain a detailed knowledge of the business core costs and capex operations
to support across finance and non-finance stakeholders
* Ensuring correct accounting treatment in accordance with IFRS accounting
standards across the core costs and capex area
* Acting as a Business Partner, support the business to understand business initiatives
and associated change impacts
* Collaboration with Accounts Payable team for joint ownership over the non-stock Purchase
Order process and ensuring timely payment to suppliers
* Reviewing of Accounts Receivable invoicing and credit control
* Review and challenge the core costs and capex area for actuals across the P&L and Balance
* Ensure financial controls, processes and risks are fully documented for all core costs
and capex areas. Providing analysis, identifying potential process and control weaknesses
and recommendations to management as required and with consideration to the future of UK
The successful applicant will be a fully qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA or ACA) who has a strong knowledge of IFRS accounting standards and who has carried out or provided information for external & internal audits.
Previous business partnering experience is also highly desirable.
Handle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.