Financial Accountant - FMCG - West London
Looking for a eager Financial Accountant to join a growing FMCG business on a permanent basis based in West London. This Financial Accountant will be responsible for supporting the Financial Controller with the day-to-day management of the financial activities of the Company, ensuring that all accounting operations run smoothly.
- Prepare accruals, prepayments, reconciliations and ensuring integrity of data during the month end process.
- Generate Foreign Exchange report explaining gains/losses and highlighting risks or opportunities.
- Review of transactional data on key areas of TB.
- Prepare monthly VAT returns and report amounts to be recovered.
- Intrastat submission
- Control month end procedures
- Process Credit Card Charges, & properly account for one off payments during the month.
- Monthly preparation of Overheads Report, review report with CFO, providing insight on key variances.
- Balance sheet reconciliations and coordination of the monthly process.
- Other month end tasks required for timely close of financial month.
- Maintain integrity of ERP system, open/close periods, create new general ledger codes / cost centres etc
- Customer & Supplier set up on system
- Carry out regular bank reconciliations.
- Promote and support continuous improvement of processes and controls and ways of working.
- Develop clear understanding of daily cash position, highlighting potential risks or opportunities.
- Weekly preparation of cash forecast for the next 12 weeks to anticipate need for cash management.
- Liaise with factory project team on expected cash outflows for CAPEX spend.
- Work with Receivables and Payables to understand working capital cycle and as part of the team, help drive improvements.
- Working with Financial Controller, compare cash balance forecast to cash flow statements (actual and forecast).
- Aid FC / CFO with yearly cash flow budget.
- Must be studying towards a recognised professional accountancy qualification such as ACCA / CIMA
- Previous experience within a similar role would be highly desriable (financial accounts and transactional processes)
- A background in Retail/FMCG is a bonus!
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Works to deadlines
- Eager to highlight problems and solve them proactively
- Approach is logical detailed and thorough
- Able to build relationships and work cross functionally
- Ability to understand processes and controls
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.