IT Support Engineer
We are working with an international media business looking to add an IT Support Engineer to their team in London. This is a great opportunity to work for a major brand within the media sector.
- Provide escalation support for IT Technicians on incidents and problems in the IT service desk and liaise with end users via email, by phone and face to face.
- Work effectively with IT Technicians to resolve issues, creating an environment that encourages collaboration and inspires continual improvement. Be active in helping junior team members to develop by sharing knowledge and experience.
- Administration of identity platforms including Active Directory and Okta to set up user accounts and manage access permissions.
- Carry out day to day maintenance, administration and support on end user devices including
laptops, desktops and mobiles/tablets.
- Maintain device asset register and assist with building and configuring end user devices in a timely fashion, for deployment at scale. Ensure necessary equipment remains available for loans or replacements at short notice.
- Assist with hardware procurement for end user devices across the business including for Tech Ops,operating companies and specific production needs.
- Own the growing Tech Ops knowledgebase, updating both internal and customer facing
documentation, suggesting new areas to document and refining informal and incomplete sections until they are thorough and comprehensive.
- ITIL 4 certified to Foundation level or a demonstrable understanding of key principles
- Two years' experience of working in a tech support role, preferably in a media business
- Strong troubleshooting skills, particularly around hardware, software and networking
- Proficient in modern desktop operating systems including Windows 10 and macOS. Working
knowledge of Windows Server OS and storage systems
- Detailed understanding of Active Directory, LANs, WANs & Wireless, TCP/IP principles and VoIP
- Comfortable administering both Office 365 and G Suite
- Can grasp intricate technical concepts quickly and stay up to date on relevant technologies
- Able to thrive whilst concentrating on multiple activities at once, using multiple resources to find answers and maintains a positive, can-do attitude in high pressure situations
- Evaluates the business needs when finding solutions to problems and can balance demands of subsidiaries with those of group
- Focused and committed to providing excellent customer service. Able to communicate effectively in a variety of settings and styles, getting the message across with the desired effect
- Able to build rapport quickly with end users from all different levels of the organisation. Ability to listen actively and show genuine empathy during sensitive interactions, diffusing high-tension
- Uses time effectively and makes informed judgements on what to prioritise
- Able to work effectively independently and as part of a team
If your skill set matches the requirements, please email your CV to Chris Bouroutzis on firstname.lastname@example.org
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.