Handle Recruitment are proud to have partnered with an innovative and dynamic media & entertainment client, to find their next part qualified Management Accountant. This is a permanent Management Accountant role, with responsibilities including the provision of reliable and accurate financial information which will be integral in supporting the decision-making process for the wider business.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is very eager to progress in their career and has tonnes of ambition and is truly passionate about the media, film and entertainment spaces.
- Monthly management accounts: rolling over in excel, extracting from PMI, our accounts system, and reviewing the WIP for upcoming shows, production dates, over or underspends, costs to accrue or forecast with the Production Manager; preparing balance sheet schedules (accruals, prepayments, PAYE, pensions, fixed asset register); reviewing movements on last month and liaising with Head of Production where needed for forecasts.
- Guiding accounts payable function to ensure smooth and timely pay-runs
- Monitoring Aged Creditors and ensuring balances are reconciled in a timely manner
- Managing Sales Daybooks, delegating invoice raising when required so that invoices can be raised on schedule, or raising distribution invoices when reporting is received.
- Reviewing payroll submissions from HR and production companies, sending off to outsourced payroll function, and then performing checks on the returned output before ultimately approving the payroll.
- Preparing ad-hoc payroll requests such as P11ds.
- Preparing and/or reviewing quarterly VAT returns.
- Reviewing monthly bank recs, delegating postings where needed
The ideal candidate:
- Minimum of 3 years working as part of a finance function
- A background with TV/Entertainment/Production
- Some experience in preparing management accounts
- Strong excel skills
- Ability to work under pressure and manage priorities amongst deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills, able to enjoy working and interacting with people
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.