MCR Engineer - 6 month contract - London
This is an on site role which is operational 24/7/365 and as such, this role is shift work based on a 40 hour working week which will include nights, weekends and public holidays.
A pivotal team member involved in the day-to-day Master Control Room (MCR) operation, responsible for all MCR functions including satellite downlinking, management of IP contribution circuits and preparing contribution feed line-ups for TX, Production and Digital.
Line up of incoming video, audio and communication circuits from both my client and third-party broadcast production facilities
* Packaging production resources together for ease of use across the company (video, audio, multi-language commentary, IFB, 4-wires, reverse video feeds)
* Satellite downlinking including dish positioning and decoding
* Management of incoming audio circuits and commentary facilities to ensure commentators are assigned to the correct feeds for transmission or production
* Routing and switching of feeds, based on the internal booking systems to Production Control Rooms, Multi-Function Rooms, Voice Over Booths and Live Transmission Suites
* Critical assessment of video and audio contribution feeds
* Proactive monitoring of incoming feeds with rapid action to restore service using pre-defined emergency procedures
* Management of IP contribution circuits, including WAN and LAN
* Liaising with third party contribution circuit suppliers, as well as with internal stakeholders
* Trouble-shooting technical issues and escalation of faults to relevant teams
* Managing the inbuilt system redundancy to ensure that minimum disruption to services is caused by equipment failures
* Manage bookings and resources utilising centralised systems
* Understand all technical and production workflows
* Undertake ad hoc ingest duties as required
* Contribute to detailed reports and metrics
- Operational knowledge of MCR technology and workflows including video and audio routing (traditional SDI and IP)
- Fundamental understanding of IT networking infrastructure
- Experience with Broadcast Control Systems, ideally BNCS (using Packaging and direct routing) and Nevion Video IPath
- Experience with a wide range of video standards including HD.
- Understanding of video and audio timing.
- Detailed operational knowledge of tools used to diagnose issues with video and audio feeds, including waveform monitors and audio monitoring units.
- Operational knowledge of professional satellite contribution equipment including dish position controllers, spectrum analysers, transport stream analysers, receivers and decoders.
- Familiarity of a wide range of contribution standards such as J2K and H264.
- An understanding of the requirements of other operational areas including Ingest, Playout and Production facilities
- A proactive approach, determination to achieve the goals of the team and department, able to identify and prioritise problems and offer alternate solutions
- The ability to work well under pressure in a live transmission and production environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong team player and solid interpersonal skills
Handle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.