Our client- a Global industry leader in Entertainment, are keen to appoint a Media Coordinator to join their busy team ASAP, for a duration of 4-8 weeks. The main purpose of the role will be to manage, distribute and store all media.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Assist Production Teams and Research Team in sourcing material for edits, clip-up larger files and deliver to Production Partners or distribution platforms.
- Log footage on-site for edit and retroactively log material during archiving after events.
- Ensure all project hard drives are tracked, logged and backed up.
- Actively monitor Production calendars to ensure all projects are prepped and backed-up in good time.
- Facilitate day-to-day uploads, downloads and archive retrievals from Cloud storage.
- Attribute appropriate metadata to digital files and log paperwork to the archive.
- Manage ad hoc digitising, logging duties, drive requests and footage requests from external agencies.
- Backup daily edit versions for Producers and Editors.
- Support Production teams with file transfers, asset management and project back-ups.
- Contribute to ongoing refinement of Media Workflows.
- Ensure all rushes and archive are ingested and available for edit.
- Manage/Maintain housekeeping of cloud library
The Media Coordinator will be a positive, pro-active and self-sufficient worker, who is adept at communicating and maintaining relationships with Production Teams.
Knowledge and experience required:
- Experience working with data-management, data-synchronisation and digital workflows.
- Previous experience of working in a TV production environment or Post-Production Facility.
- Desire to improve the management systems and processes.
- Logging, digitising, project back-ups and record keeping.
- Experience using Avid in a production environment and an understanding of Avid Nexis and Interplay.
- Genuine interest in problem solving, trouble shooting and improving workflow efficiency.
- Knowledge of VizOne, Iconik, Media Encoding and file transfer platforms.
- Basic editing skills (Avid Adobe Premiere).
Skills and abilities:
- Highly organised.
- Knowledge of Edit workflows.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to keep calm and react positively in a pressured environment.
- Able to work unsupervised efficiently.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Methodical with great attention to detail.
- A desire to develop a career in either in a technical or operational role.
- Demonstrable decision making ability.
The role is due to start immediately, therefore we cannot consider candidates who are on more than one week's notice.
The work pattern will be hybrid (mix of remote and in the office).
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds - we pride ourselves on attracting the best talent for every opportunity through a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.