Our client, an award-winning content provider to all the UKs major broadcasters and world's leading platforms, is currently looking for a Production Accountant to join their London team.
As Production Accountant, you will have responsibility for the financial management and reporting of productions and work closely with both production managers and finance teams.
The main responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Manage a slate of allocated productions across the UK group.
- Build and maintain a strong relationship with Production Execs and Production Managers.
- Meet with new production teams and ensure they are fully aware of company financial procedures and adhere to them throughout the production period.
- Compile and update all production finance information
- Work with production managers to ensure accurate financial control of all production costs
- Be the initial point of contact for all financial matters for your allocated productions, liaising with both the purchase ledger department and management accountants where required
- Monitor all spend on your allocated productions, including supplier/freelancer invoice submission, petty cash spend, expense claims (ensuring correct invoicing and paperwork are submitted at all times)
- Post internal recharges and levies/deductions against your productions
- Review cost reports on a regular basis, including current spend and projected costs and meet at regular intervals with production managers to correctly reflect current position.
- Prepare weekly cash flow for relevant productions with accurate outflow and realistic inflow projections based on regular dialogue with the legal department. Invoice broadcasters and monitor outstanding debts for allocated productions adjusting cash flow projections accordingly.
- Take responsibility for final reports & paperwork once production is complete
- Periodic full financial closure of completed allocated productions
- Preparation of required production information and reports for yearly (and mid-year) audit(s)
- Travelling to the regional offices / location production offices where required to help with set up and on-going production finance issues
- Planning for each production where potential problems have been identified, financial period closes may impact on the production or cover for leave is needed.
- Remain up to date with changing tax policy and specifically unique issues within the TV & Film industry.
The ideal candidate:
- Previous experience of working as a Production Accountant or significant experience as an Assistant Production Accountant
- PMI experience preferred, but not essential.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds - we pride ourselves on attracting the best talent for every opportunity through a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.