Please note, we will only be accepting applications from those who are based on the West Coast. We are hiring for multiple positions and are interested in speaking with Graduates!
Handle are thrilled to be working with a luxury online travel business that offer a collection of the world's best holiday homes across the globe.
The Reservation executive or 'MatchMaker' is a guest's first touch point before making a booking, so it is essential to the business and brand that the team are helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. You will assist guests up until the point which the booking is made via LiveChat, email, and on the phone, with the aim of generating sales for the business.
Like a Michelin Guide, but for homes. Every home in a destination goes through a systematic vetting process, which includes identifying candidate homes through proprietary AI, interviewing hosts and sending Home Critics to visit and test nominated homes in person.
Having launched 5 years ago, they have grown incredibly quickly; expanded to 254 locations in 15 countries; tested over 150,000 homes; and developed a customer experience that's returning the highest NPS scores in the industry.
Backed by some of the world's top entrepreneurs and VCs. These include the founders and backers of TransferWise, Citymapper, Zoopla, Secret Escapes, BuzzFeed, Appear Here, Graze, LoveFilm, and many more.
The focus for the next 12 months is on hyperscale and hypergrowth: taking the business truly global and this is where you come in.
To be the most responsive and solutions drive service of any booking platform in the world
The role will include:
- Responding to high volumes of inbound leads via LiveChat, email, and on the phone with a goal of converting them to bookings
- Managing all stages of the sales process from qualifying, needs analysis, finding solutions, objection handling, and closing
- Answering basic questions about different homes, amenities, neighbourhoods, travel distances etc
- Assisting with any booking or payment challenges
- Chasing hosts to respond to booking requests
- Finding alternative homes for a guest if a host has declined a booking request
You will excel in this role if you:
- Are excited about being part of a rapidly growing business
- Have terrific interpersonal skills (both written and verbal)
- Have exceptionally high standards and are permanently dissatisfied with 'just OK'
- Are targets driven (and have a proven track record of it)
- Work well under pressure
- Are a natural problem solver
- Have a positive attitude
- Are a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Are motivated by customer satisfaction
- Are interested in building a long-term career within sales or customer service
- Operate well individually and as part of a team
- Have a consultative approach
- Are great at relationship building
- Good knowledge of West Coast
- Experience in a customer facing role
- MUST be willing to work at least one weekend day per week
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Additional languages an added bonus
- Competitive salary
- Options scheme: our ambitions are huge and we hope it pays out for all
- Company pension scheme
- Rest up to 25 days of the year
- Medicash Health Insurance
- Maternity and Paternity leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life Assurance policy
- Macbook Pro
Learning and growth -
- Be surrounded by smart people who care about delivering
- A close and friendly team that is growing fast and becoming known in the industry
- Be part of a transparent and open culture
- Friendly and fun atmosphere with a drive to learn
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.