Royalties Accountant - Music - Central London
A growing Music label are looking for a permanent Royalties Accountant to join the team in London. As Royalties Accountant you will be responsible for preparing third-party statements for uploading into the various systems. You will also be involved in reconciliations which provide a link between the royalty systems (reporting to artists and writers) and our accounting system.
This role offers a hybrid working environment with an expectation of 2-3 days in the office per week, a great place to learn and progress professionally as well as acting as an integral part of the business and future plans.
- Sourcing, handling and manipulating sub-publisher and society income statements and recharges, ensuring they are in the right format to be uploaded into our software
- Uploading data into the relevant systems and reconciling/matching the statements to the payments received, investigating any differences
- Tracking statements received from sub-publishers and societies, ensuring they are complete, accurate, and arrive in a timely way
- Developing and maintaining good relationships with sub-publishers and societies at small and large organisations around the world, as well as being the main point of contact for statement queries
- Conducting checks within Music Maestro, ensuring that the data that has been imported is reflected in writer statements in the expected way, problem-solving to correct any issues in conjunction with the copyright team
- Assisting in running royalty calculations within Music Maestro and resolving any issues
- Assisting with the calculation of mechanical royalties, problem solving to correct any issues in conjunction with the copyright team
- Creation of meta data in our royalties system and then in our accounts system
- Previous experience working as part of a Royalties function
- A background in Music would be ideal but not essential
- Knowledge of basic accounting concepts
- Good understanding of Microsoft Excel
- Highly numerate
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Very confident with Excel, data manipulation and large volumes of data
- Fast learner with new software
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds - we pride ourselves on attracting the best talent for every opportunity through a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.