Sales Ledger Assistant - Entertainment - Central London
We are looking for a bright and motivated Sales Ledger Assistant to join our client within the Entertainment industry t This role sits within the Finance function and serves as an excellent opportunity for a conscientious and proactive individual with a keen eye for detail who is looking to start their career in Finance.
- Raise and process invoices within agreed timescales.
- Ensure unallocated cash is kept to a minimum.
- Maintain a record of all cheques received.
- Perform all aspects of the sales ledger administration procedure.
- Speak with customers regarding overdue invoices constructively by telephone or email within agreed timescales, ensuring issues are discussed with internal departments.
- Investigate anomalies or queries relating to invoices by liaising with Finance colleagues and other internal departments, as instructed.
- Issue statements to customers using established guidelines and procedures.
- Complete Customer Account reconciliations when required.
- Escalate expected non-payments of overdue debts.
- Liaise with internal departments to set up new customer accounts.
- Produce monthly/weekly sales ledger statements and reports for review.
- Process and control ticketing daily cash returns.
- Perform weekly bank reconciliations.
- Process and control the ticketing daily cash returns.
- Provide holiday/ sickness cover
- Previous experience of working in an office with exposure to Finance or an Accounting team.
- Advanced user of MS Excel.
- An understanding of credit control processes.
- Experience using accounting software for sales ledger would be beneficial otherwise training will be given.
- The ability to resolve customer and account queries in a professional and efficient manner.
- The ability to seek payment for debts in a confident and constructive manner.
- The ability to solve problems quickly and calmly.
- The ability to build positive working relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Excellent organisation and administration skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent numerical skills with a keen eye for detail.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.