Are you an experienced HR Coordinator seeking your next challenge and step-up role? Do you want to work for a fantastic media organisation in an HR team where personal development is a huge focus? Handle are looking for TWO bright and ambitious candidates to take on a Junior HR Advisor role.
Our client is recruiting for 2 x Junior HR Advisors. Each candidate will report into a different HR Business Partner, responsible for their own separate client groups. You will act either as first point of contact for the Digital client group, or for their employees across different Brands within the organisation.
If you feel ready to move into an Advisory role, this is a very exciting opportunity. This is a pure generalist role and you will gain exposure to various projects along the way such as well-being, diversity and inclusion, interns and apprenticeships, employee engagement, and reporting/analysis.
What will you be accountable for in the role?
- Employee Relations: Provide advice and guidance to line managers, escalating issues to an HR BP or the HR Director where necessary; confidently deal with basic ER issues (e.g. absence management, flexible working, maternity leave); immigration/visa administration.
- Learning & Development: Undertake training needs analysis; liaise with external training providers to source appropriate courses; training coordination; manage internal communications for training; ensuring training budgets are up-to-date.
- Performance Management: Advise managers and employees of the process, maintaining focus on overall business strategy; annual appraisals; systems training; running reports.
- Starters/Leavers: Manage the probation process, ensuring managers are notified of review dates and any necessary extensions; conduct exit interviews; produce quarterly management reports.
- On-boarding: Coordinate inductions; attend and conduct presentations at the monthly On-boarding Day.
- Miscellaneous: Assist in checking monthly payroll reports; salary review process; working with the Talent Acquisition team to add value to the selection process where required.
Essential experience required:
- Previous experience in a generalist HR role
- Degree-level or equivalent (related subjects are desirable)
- CIPD qualified or working towards a CIPD qualification
- Proficient HR Systems user (PeopleSoft highly desirable)
The ideal candidate will be:
- Passionate about a career in HR
- Able to understand and articulate how HR adds value to a media business
- A problem-solver
- A first-class communicator able to confidently interact with people at all levels
- Proactive, driven, and flexible in their approach to HR
- 25 days annual leave + Christmas + volunteering days
- Free breakfast
- Early finish Fridays
- Well-being benefits
- Life Assurance, Group Personal Pension Plan, mortgage advice
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an exciting and innovative company in a well-established HR team. If you're looking for your "next step" role, please apply now!
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.