Handle are currently recruiting an exciting position with one of the world's leading media platforms who are looking for a qualified (ACA/ACCA) Accountant to join their digital arm of the business, based in the innovative and creative heart of East London.
Reporting directly to the International Financial Controller, the role will include but not be limited to:
- Monthly management accountants
- Continual commercial and strategic and analysis
- Group consolidation accounting
- Senior reporting across business units
- Maintain and produce all revenue invoicing and recognition for one of the businesses, aligned with signed contracts and also post variable revenue accruals as well as maintain the deferred revenue reconciliation
- Calculate commissions and keep the supporting schedules updated for the business
- Oversees and executes the monthly close process for one of our businesses.
- Responsible for the timely monthly, quarterly and year-end financial close including all journal entries
- Help support and consolidate the operations of the German, Russian and Japanese entities under the group.
- Perform all balance sheet reconciliations and maintain general ledgers for entities in compliance with SOX.
- Review monthly financial statement fluxes and present ready for consolidation
- Assist with the tax and audit requirements, as needed
- Establish strong relationships with inter-departmental peers and be the "go to" accounting source for the business
- Prepare supporting schedules and reconcile all accounts
- Coordinate with other departments accrued expense amounts and follow-up on outstanding invoices.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Recent SaaS General Ledger experience - NetSuite or SAP strongly preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, lookups, etc.)
- Strong understanding of accounting standards in local jurisdictions for statutory reporting
- Qualified Accountant (ACA / CIMA / ACCA)
Our client is looking to begin interviews asap, so please don't hesitate to get in touch if you feel you have the relevant experience and would like to be put forward!
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.