Our client, an exciting Arts and Entertainment business, is seeking an Accounts Assistant to join their growing team.
The role is reporting into the Financial Controller.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Posting of weekly journals.
- Preparation of weekly reports, including distribution to management.
- Raising, posting and maturing VIPs and hiring invoices. Liaising with the sales ledger team in regards to payments and payments allocation.
- Responsibility for weekly costs postings.
- Accruals reconciliation.
- Responsibility for ensuring certain balance sheets accounts are fully reconciled at time periods appropriate to the account.
- Preparation of monthly ticketing reports.
- Preparation and distribution of the daily cash flow report.
- Set up manual payments as and when requested. Responsibility of posting monthly standard journals.
- Provide holiday/sickness cover as necessary.
- Ad hoc project work as directed by the heads of department.
The ideal candidate will posses:
- A strong understanding of the balance sheet reconciliation process
- Double-entry accounts experience
- Fast, very accurate data entry
- MS office software literate (with strong Excel)
- Experience with 'Sun' accounts package
- Experience with 'Vision' analysis package
- Interest or experience in an arts / entertainment environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills (to integrate with the team, liaise with external contacts and build/enhance positive working relationships)
- A bright, motivated and professional manner
- Hard-working and proactive
- A conscientious approach; accurate and with an eye for detail and presentation
- Able to use initiative in identifying problems and recommending appropriate solutions
- Well-organised and adaptable; able to plan workload, manage priorities and respond to changing or ad hoc requirements
- A motivated self-starter
Apply NOW to avoid disappointment!
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.