An exciting opportunity has arisen in a start-up hospitality business for an Accounts Assistant to join the in-house finance team.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, this vital role will be focusing on payroll and purchase ledger and will be in liaison with heads of department within the company.
The role will have an initial focus on the development of the payroll systems, this area, until very recently, having been outsourced. In addition to this, the candidate will work with the Finance Manager in establishing in-house controls around purchase ordering, stock control and other day to day requirements. The applicant should have experience of the hospitality sector.
The Role Involves:
- Preparation of monthly payroll data for submission to payroll bureau
- Collation of all starter and leaver information
- Handling all payroll queries
- Ensuring that purchase invoices are properly authorised
- Coding and input of purchase invoices and credit notes
- Ensuring that purchase order controls are maintained
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Preparation of payment runs for Finance Manager to review
- Analysis and reconciliation work for the Finance Manager
- Assisting in preparation of monthly accounts where possible.
- Microsoft Office as well as strong experience of accounting systems
- Strong experience in payroll
- Exposure in the hospitality industry
- Self-starter attitude
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.