Handle are proud to recruit a Finance Assistant for an industry leading music and live entertainment company. This role focuses on supporting the finance function of live events, with a strong focus on bookkeeping and monitoring financial performance and event operations.
This is an excellent junior role, offering the opportunity for a committed candidate to establish themselves in a unique organisation.
This role will include, but is not limited to:
- Bookkeeping duties using Sage, including:
- Maintaining all company ledgers
- Processing of invoices
- Preparing and posting all payments (multi-currency), ensuring that invoices are paid in a timely manner, based on due dates and payment terms
- Creating new AP accounts and maintenance of AP database
- Raise AR invoices, record receipts and chase outstanding balances
- Fortnightly reconciliation of AP, AR & bank accounts to TB
- Further company administrative support (VAT Returns, Company Secretarial)
- Monitoring of event spend against set budgets
- Reporting business performance against budgets to the management team
- Monitoring and reporting of event cash flows
- Operational tasks eg. festival ticketing and developing festival cash processes
- Supporting the team in other areas of the advisory business
- Developing relationships with promoters and other personnel in the industry
- Assistance in audits
- Adhoc duties as required
- Deal with any queries on a timely basis
- Preparation of year end accounts
- On-site festival work
We are looking for someone with a strong work ethic and a conscientious attitude. The ideal candidate will have a passion for music, festivals and live entertainment, with two years' minimum experience of bookkeeping and accountancy. Knowledge of Sage and music/entertainment industry is preferred.
This is a fantastic opportunity, apply today!
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.