Accounts Payable Assistant - Creative Arts - Central London
The Accounts Payable Specialist is a critical member of the Finance team ensuring that all invoices are properly recorded in the financial system. They will be responsible for entry of operational accounts payable, coding to the general ledger across multiple entities.
- Enter operational Accounts Payable invoices into the accounting system, ensuring all invoices have proper authorisation, and are coded to the proper general ledger codes
- Vendor statements are reconciled monthly against open balances in NetSuite.
- Maintain and review A/P ledger to ensure vendor accounts are up to date.
- Maintain and update Vendor information in NetSuite as needed.
- Assist in the administration of the Equals Card program.
- Match shipping invoices to purchase orders in accounting system.
- Ensure payments are made timely to vendors and in accordance with the cash flow approval
- Maintain paper and archived paperless filing systems
- Respond timely to internal/external payment inquiries
- Understand sales VAT and code invoices appropriately. Record VAT incoming and outgoing transactions as needed.
- Update daily cash position for bank accounts across multiple entities.
- Ensure monthly bank statements have been downloaded and saved on shared drive.
- Help maintain a rolling two-week cash flow forecast
- Perform any other ad-hoc duties as requested
- 3+ years experience working within an Accounts Payable function
- A background within a Creative industry would be highly desirable
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- IT proficient with strong MS Excel skills
- Experience using Netsuite would be highly advantageous
- Meticulous attention to detail
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.