Accounts Payable Assistant - Growing Retail - London
A leader within the Retail industry are going through a rapid phases of growth and development within the Finance function and with that we are looking for a number of Accounts Payable Assistants to come on board on a permanent basis!
These Accounts Payable roles will be responsible for the day to day running of the AP team working closely with senior management. This is a role working within a fast paced, collaborative team and offers a fantastic working environment, office space and the potential to grow professionally.
- Matching stock receipted into the warehouse with supplier invoices.
- Preparation of multi-currency payment runs
- Ensuring prompt payment for stock, enabling us to take maximum settlement discounts
- Raising price dispute notes to the B & M Teams where necessary
- Ensuring correct debit note deductions are raised and deducted from suppliers
- Verifying that key high value/volume debit notes are agreed by suppliers
- Review and investigation of Goods Received not Invoiced (GRNI)
- Review and investigation of unallocated cash
- Check any accounts with debit balances, requesting refunds where appropriate
- Review and clearing down of Unapproved Invoices Register
- Reconciling key supplier accounts on a regular rotational basis, to ensure clear visibility of issues on major accounts
- Assisting with the production of weekly/monthly KPI reporting
- Assisting the Team Leader with the production of weekly/monthly reporting for management accounts purposes
- Liaise with auditors during year end process
- Previous experience within Accounts Payable (at least 2 years is desired)
- A background in Retail/Stock is highly desirable
- Experience using MS Dynamics would be advantageous
- High volume, multi currency experience (+300 invoices a week)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Hands on, enthusiastic work approach
- Team player
- Ability to prioritise work load and work to tight deadlines
- Highly organised
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.