Handle Recruitment are excited to be working alongside a fantastic retailer to find an experienced Accounts Payable Manager to join their successful and ever growing team on a permanent basis.
This role will supervise 3 members of staff and will report into the Finance Manager as part of the wider finance function.
The responsibilities of this role are:
- Manage and motivate the Accounts Payable team which comprises 3 direct reports; including team meetings, one to one's, bi-annual performance reviews, objective setting and recruitment. Proactively manage team performance and absence
- Maintain the integrity, accuracy and timely processing of Sterling and Currency invoice entry
- Proactively manage the complete vendor payment cycle to set deadlines - ensuring adherence to payment terms and internal authorisation policies
- Ensure team completes monthly supplier statement reconciliations - review reconciliations performed by the team, and take responsibility for completing the more complex reconciliations. Ensure all reconciling items are investigated and resolved
- Analyse and effectively communicate reporting in particular the Aged Creditor analysis and debit balance reporting. Ensure all month end deadlines are adhered to
- Maintain the integrity of supplier records - check, verify and authorise changes
- Review AP procedures to streamline processes and ensure strong internal controls.
- Actively assist with all areas of the team's daily tasks at peak periods and absences
- Establish and maintain relationships with key suppliers
- Projecting rolling payment schedules for cash-flow control
- Ensuring all our property costs are paid promptly and associated schedules accurately maintained
- Weekly reviews of the ledgers and ensuring queries are promptly resolved, and debit note deductions applied before raising payments
- Providing support and documentation to external audits and insurance claims
- Maintaining and updating internal manuals and policies
To be considered for this role, we are looking for:
- Extensive experience within an Accounts Payable function
- Solid experience of managing a team of at least 2 direct reports
- The ability to demonstrate working proactively in a fast paced, high volume environment
- Retail/hospitality/FMCG industry experience (advantageous, not essential)
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.