Accounts Payable Manager - Legal Services - Central London
My client a growing Legal Services company based in Central London are looking for a Accounts Payable Manager to come on board on a permanent basis. The primary purpose of the Accounts Payable Manager will be supporting the Office Account, Client Account and Accounts Payable functions.
- Responsible for Accounts Payable function. Run AP ageing reports and ensure invoices are paid in a timely manner, and in compliance with SRA accounts rules.
- Process supplier payment runs of invoices due for payment. Reconcile supplier statements.
- Ensure invoices are coded and authorised correctly with correct VAT treatment applied.
- Manage bank transfers, office account card payments and direct debits.
- Assist Head of Finance with SRA client money audit.
- Investigate queries and provide data required for auditors to complete the audit.
- Post journals for entries between bank accounts, tax payments and other bookkeeping entries.
- Process employee expense payment runs (for payroll)
- Ensure Invoices inbox is monitored regularly and emails dealt with promptly.
- Respond to queries from suppliers and staff
- Proven and solid experience of working within an Accounts Payable function
- Ability to deal with large volumes of work, to prioritise your own workload, to manage your time to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Strong focus on attention to detail.
- Knowledge of VAT regulations.
- Strong IT skills including good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Confident and clear communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Be a good team player with the ability to be flexible and willing to help others when necessary
- Knowledge of Netsuite would be beneficial
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.