I am working on behalf of a leading and respected London Media Brand who are looking for an Accounts Receivable Coordinator to join their fast paced finance team on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract. The Accounts Receivable Coordinator will play a key role in the Finance team, and will be responsible for providing billing, collection, risk management and associated support to all revenue generating departments.
- Proactively target and collect AR debtors balances, ensuring that cash collections are maximised.
- Apply and allocate cash receipts promptly to ensure that customer accounts are current and up to date at all times.
- Ensure that revenue has accurately posted to Oracle.
- Ensure that all revenue impacting credit notes have the appropriate levels of approval and are filed securely for audit retrieval.
- Identify customer billing queries and disputes and work closely with the business to ensure prompt resolution and collection of funds.
- Monitor and minimise unapplied and unidentified cash receipts ensuring that open items are applied, refunded or billed.
- Request credit checks on new and existing prospects, working closely with external insurance partner and internal Sales and Finance teams.
- Prepare and reconcile advertising risk exposure reports on a regular basis.
- Review pro-forma billing to ensure that pre-pay clients have paid prior to transmission.
- Assist the Head of Transactional Processing and Accounts Receivable Manager with the preparation of cash-flow forecasts and cash recovery to ensure targets are achieved.
- Follow, monitor and enforce accounting policies and procedures.
- Identify and escalate debtor and revenue risk as appropriate.
- Ensure that Accounts Receivable deadlines are respected and audit compliant.
- Ensure that cash collections are maximised and debtor days maintained at acceptable levels.
- System testing support for projects, defect fixes and enhancements.
Essential experience and skills
- Experience working within a credit control and billing function.
- Good numerical ability
- Proven track record of debtor day and overdue debtor reduction.
- Appreciation and understanding of revenue recognition.
- Strong team player
- Able to work independently but can discern when to escalate a problem
- Excellent communication skills
- Good customer service skills with the ability to build and maintain ongoing relationships
- Works well under pressure
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Able to identify opportunities to enhance processes and controls.
If you have the essensial skill set listed and are able to start the position in August 2017 please get in touch ASAP.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.