Handle are proud to be recruiting an Accounts Receivable Accountant to work for a leading Live Entertainment company in Soho. This is a fantastic role for someone looking to work in a vibrant, fast paced office environment. As part of this growing Finance team, you will be responsible for the overall group receivables and finance customer service.
This role requires, but is not limited to:
- Establish global AR Function and standard AR invoicing & reporting.
- Work towards monthly global targets agreed with the Group Finance Controller to reduce the debtor balance and debtor days.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement, particularly in relation to reducing debtor days and creating more efficient accounts receivable/cash collection processes.
- Responsible for billing and monitoring the order to cash systems & process.
- Liaise with the sales team to implement working AR practices from the point of sale with the new customer CRM
- Provide high levels of customer service both in internal and external
- Receive inbound billing-related customer queries and resolve any issues as they arise.
- Communicate with customers with overdue invoices on their account by phone and email. Build relationships to manage debt effectively and streamline processes.
- Implement new mechanisms for customer's online payment and refunds, including e-commerce payment providers.
- Build systems and processes for online billing and revenue reconciliation processes, including bundle deals, and subscription billing management
The ideal candidate will have experience in AR, Credit Control and Cash Management and will be looking to work in a creative environment. We are looking for someone that is tenacious and forward thinking with outstanding Excel and communication skills. Settlements experience would be desirable. Live music/entertinament experience is essential.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.