Promotion Administrator - Publishing
Salary £20,000 - £25,000 DOE
Handle Recruitment is working with one of the world's leading music publishing companies to source a Promotion Administrator.
The successful candidate will have experience working in a busy office environment and will possess a strong interest in classical music.
Reporting to the Promotion and Communications Director, Key responsibilities will include:
- Being the first point of contact for all visitors to the department
- Responding to all general enquiries received by the department via email and telephone
- Updating and managing department systems with all necessary information relating to rights, the composers and their works
- Managing Social Media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram, managing the upkeep of the website, including creating copy for news items
- Providing PA support to the Global Head of Promotion as and when required
- Processing and monitoring submissions to local and international award and competition panels on behalf of the composers
- Maintaining accurate records of press and review coverage of composers and performances
- Providing information to external agents and managers working with the composers
- Keeping abreast of developments in the local and international cultural markets and to assess opportunities for collaboration with represented composers
The ideal candidate will have:
- First class interpersonal skills as well as possessing excellent written and communication skills
- A demonstrable interest in contemporary classical music
- Experience of working in the promotion / performance of both classical and contemporary music
- A strong understanding of the music industry and comparable organisation
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and social media platform
- An academic qualification in Music is very advantageous
This is a fantastic opportunity for an administrator with impeccable attention to detail and a passion for Classical music to join a very well respected organisation in a varied and interesting position.
Immediate interview for successful candidates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and short covering letter to apply.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.