Agent Assistant - Music
Salary Negotiable DOE
Handle Recruitment is looking for an Agent's Assistant to work within a renowned UK live music agency.
The applicant must have extremely competent organisational and planning skills as the nature of this position is very logistics intense. They must be able to work closely within a tight knit team of people and also have the ability to liaise with Clients, Artists & Managers on all levels.
Reporting directly to the Agent, key responsibilities will include the following:
- Planning intensive travel routings, for both DJs and live acts based throughout the EU and USA.
- Ensuring that the necessary travel arrangements have been made for the Artists, for booked shows from city to city or from country to country. This includes checking options online, as well as liaising with travel agents.
- Completing a high volume of artist performance itineraries.
- Extensively liaising and working with performing artists, either directly or with managers. Ensuring that all requirements are met.
- Chasing and managing show payments, tax deductions, VAT etc.
- Working closely with artist managers and promoters to meet artist's needs on worldwide tours.
- Adding all bookings to central company diary, and maintaining datesheets.
- Issuing contacts and chasing / thoroughly checking signed contracts.
- Requesting invoices from artists / management and ensuring they remain consistent with the agreed conditions.
- Understanding, and where necessary, obtaining tax documents to reduce performance tax in certain territories (A1's, TAJA forms) and VAT numbers from promoters where applicable.
- Raising applications for artist UK work permits.
- Checking and updating artist pages on the agency website (tour dates, new biographies / photos), and checking currency of information / tour dates on artists' web pages.
The ideal candidate will have a very strong background in:
- Issuing and checking live performance artist contracts.
- Organising artist travel, booking flights and working with travel agents.
- Chasing and understanding money / performance tax / VAT.
- Proficient on Mac computers and programmes such as Excel and Word as well as Apple Email.
- Knowledge of online productivity tools such as Google Drive/Docs/Sheets, Dropbox, Evernote and others.
- A basic understanding of common visa application processes is preferred.
Immediate interview for successful candidates, please apply with a CV and covering letter in the first instance to email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.