Senior Android Developer - Broadcast / VOD
Handle is working with a Global TV network to help them find a Senior Android Developer. In this initial 6 months contract your role will focus on the creation of new world-class Sports VoD and streaming platform. This is an exciting brand new project under a brand that will be used by millions world-wide.
Software Design & Implementation of mobile Apps.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Programming mobile applications for Android devices, both phones and tablets
- Creative thinking & abstract, technical problem solving
- Participation in software design, estimation of development tasks, testing, QA process, pair programming,
- troubleshooting & code debugging
- Two years minimum Android development, including Android SDK, Java and Android Studio
- Comfortable dealing with API's and utilising REST / JSON interfaces
- Knowledge of development methodologies & processes ( Agile / Waterfall etc )
- Knowledge & appreciation of UX processes
- Passionate & has an appreciation of Design
- Experience with Continuous Integration, Git and version control
- Playstore procedures
- UX / IA experience
- Experience with server side software development technologies, e.g. C/C++, Java,
- Experience VoD and streaming projects will be highly advantageous.
- TDD exposure
If you feel the above role matches your skill set and interest please submit your CV through.
Handle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.