A fast paced international retailer is currently looking for an experienced AP Supervisor to join them on a 12 month contract.
Reporting into the Finance Manager and managing a team of 5 your duties would include:
- Carry out appraisals and setting goals for the team
- Ensuring the team and ledger are adequately covered throughout the year
- Helping to improve AP procedures
- Being responsible the Stock Ledger, ensuring the timely processing of invoices and payments
- Raise queries with merchandising team where there are delivery discrepancies
- Issuing debit notes to suppliers for stock shortages and price differences
- Making sure the Company does not pay for goods and services it has not received and that invoice amounts are in line with the original purchase order
- Weekly reporting in conjunction with the Finance Manager
- Co-managing the weekly payment runs
- Ensuring the team are covering all areas of the ledger
- To follow up with the team on Goods Received Not Invoiced and ensure set statements are prepared monthly and w/o amounts completed
- Ensure month end procedures are carried out and documented
The successful candidate will have previous experience managing a team within an AP department. Retail and more specifically stock experience would be a great advantage though are not essential.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.