A great new opportunity has just become available for a confident and experienced Assistant Accountant to join a fast growing agency within the London Media sector. Working with the Head of Finance and Production Accountant this role will have have a broad range of accounting responsibilities:
- Process supplier invoices across the group.
- Review invoices against POs, sending for approval where needed.
- Process staff expenses
- Draw up recommended payment runs for approval by Head of Finance.
- Generate payment runs.
- Support production team in creation of job costs.
- Ensure all jobs have complete costing.
Cash and bank
- Post daily cash from bank statements
- Reconcile bank accounts on daily basis
- Maintain petty cash ensuring that all disbursements are covered by an approved voucher.
- Weekly review of debtor balances with the Head of Finance.
- Chase cash as needed
- Support the Head of Finance through the month end process (eg. prepayments and accruals calculation and posting) as and when needed
- Ad hoc reporting as and when needed
Key skill set:
- Good working knowledge of debits and credits
- Computer Literacy - Excel, Outlook
- A year's experience in a busy financial environment
- Attention to detail
- Strong administration & time management skills
- Ability to work on own initiative & self-motivation to meet challenging deadlines
- Detailed and thorough approach
- Team Player
- Experience of working in a creative agency or knowledge-based service business an advantage
- Extensive experience of working in an accounting department of a small company, ideally with experience of both purchase ledger and general ledger
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.