An exciting opportunity has become available for an Assistant Accountant to join a global-leading music business! Reporting directly to the Financial Controller, the Assistant Accountant will play a key member in the International finance team, providing integral financial support across the business.
The main responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly management accounts including monthly forecast - preparation of Profit and Loss Account rolling forecasts
- Assist in managing the financial performance and the reporting of consolidated results
- Perform variance analysis on monthly closing procedures
- Prepare cash-flow forecasts and provide variance analysis to the Corporate Finance team
- Assisting the finance department in ensuring that the statutory accounts are completed
- Supporting the Financial Controller in ensuring the maintenance and upkeep of the general ledger - to include review of central accounts and other reconciliations, calculations of provisions / accruals and general review of accounts, journal posting
- Authorisation and approval of invoices and expenses
- Liaising with Purchase Ledger department to ensure outstanding invoices are paid in a timely manner
- Control level of unpaid invoices by liaising with suppliers and departmental staff regarding any queries and taking care of priority suppliers
- General Finance and administration duties
The ideal candidate:
- Experience within a Finance department (ideally within a music or media company), having commenced CIMA / ACCA
- Ideally degree-qualified in a relevant specialism (minimum of 2:1).
- Microsoft Office suite, including good standard of knowledge of Excel (VLOOKUP & pivot tables)
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.