A fantastic new opportunity has just become available for a confident and experienced Assistant Accountant to join a fast growing agency within the media and events sector. They are looking for someone who has experience in a fast paced finance role including billing, revenue, WIP valuation and balance sheet reconciliations. Based in their central London office and reporting to the Head of Finance, key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Accounts Payable duties including posting invoices, supplier payments and resolving queries
- Accounts Receivable duties including billing, posting customer payments and assisting with credit control
- Client reporting
- WIP valuation
- Revenue recognition
- Bank reconciliations
- Preparing and submitting quarterly VAT returns
- Month balance sheet reconciliations
- Intercompany transactions
- Ad hoc accounting tasks and reporting as required
The successful candidate should be confident and proactive with excellent communication skills - both written and spoken. Strong Excel skills are essential for this role. You should have a thorough understanding of double entry bookkeeping and be able to work under pressure to a high level of accuracy with excellent attention to detail. If this sounds like you and you are available on short notice, please get in touch today!
Handle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.