Assistant Accounting Manager - Leading Music Practice - Central London
My client, a leading Music and Entertainment practice are looking for a fully qualified Accountant to come on board as an Assistant Accounting Manager. This is a permanent role working within a vibrant, fast paced office based in Central London.
This Assistant Accounting Manager will be responsible for the accurate accounts preparation for a portfolio of artists and managing the teams output and training requirements.
- Reviewing external client deliverables
- Reviewing internal quality control processes
- Reviewing quarterly compliance deliverables
- Reviewing and approving payments
- Foreign withholding tax authority applications
- General support, assistance and collaboration to/with colleagues working within the team.
- Responsible for communicating with 3rd parties to ensure quarterly reporting and accounting deadlines are met and ensure that the expectations of key stakeholders are met.
- Mentoring all Accounting Associates and Junior Associates
- Manage the effectiveness of the team through increasing employee engagement, improving processes and competencies.
- ACA/ACCA qualified
- A strong academic background
- 5+ years experience working as part of a finance function including in depth bookkeeping management accounting
- Experience working with Royalties and/or tour accounting is highly desirable
- Accurate preparation of VAT returns, EC Sales, company and personal tax
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience leading and developing a team
- IT literate with adequate Microsoft Excel skills
- Highly organised and attention to detail
- Professional office manner
- A Proactive and committed team member
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.