An excellent Assistant Business Analyst opportunity has just become available working for a World Leading Media Business based in Central London. Working with the UK FP&A team this role will undertake a variety of tasks and processes which contribute to the production Budgets and forecasts and all other associated deliverables. This is a 12 month fixed term contract, looking to start as soon as possible:
Assistant Business Analyst Key Responsibilities:
Responsible for month end journal preparation and postings for key areas of the P&L and balance sheet, sheet leading to monthly Management Accounts;
- Preparation of income and accrued and deferred income journals to correctly account for revenue arising
- Assist with the building of month end reporting pack
- Input into preparation of variance analyses (Budget, forecast) and investigation of variances, providing solutions to problems where appropriate.
- Responsible for month end journal preparation and postings for key areas of the P&L and balance sheet
- Preparation of month end marketing and technical accruals and prepayments journals
- Provide support with additional analysis, including audit preparation and half year / full year reporting
- Assist in preparation of Budgets and official Forecasts
- Prepare regular analysis of internal and external information to present to commercial teams to aid decision making in areas such as industry trends and sales profiles.
- Input to commercial deal reviews and analyses.
- Forecast and review cashflow
- Engage with process and system review and development within both Finance and commercial teams.
- Assist Business Analyst with ad hoc project work as required
- A demonstrable interest in the commercial elements of the business and wider industry themes and issues
- Excellent attention to detail
- An ability to review processes with clarity and create efficiencies
- Drive and enthusiasm
- Articulate with advanced verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner
- A proactive and responsible attitude to workload, with a propensity to own the key duties of the role
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
A study supported role, the candidate can expect to develop their experience in a varied, dynamic and exciting environment.
The ideal candidate will be actively studying with at least one years finance experience.
Handle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.