One of the world's leading Music Labels require an Assistant Financial Accountant to join their accounting function. With a name that is instantly recognisable you will be working for one of the most driven businesses in the industry today. Supporting and assisting with the controls & reporting within central finance, the ideal candidate will be a finance/accounting graduate currently working in an accounts role assisting in the production of financial reports and information for senior management: You will be responsible for assisting in year-end accounts preparation working with the business to manage the VAT returns and the audit files.
The role will involve but no be limited to:
- Preparation of statutory accounts under new UK GAAP
- Completion of quarterly VAT returns, ownership of VAT balance sheet accounts and monthly VAT
- Completion of US and UK Corporation Tax packs
- Running P/L analysis reports & preparing analysis on ad hoc queries
- Monthly and quarterly bank and inter-company reconciliations
- Working closely with management you will ensure all key relationships are maintained and all reports are produced within agreed time frames.
- You will liaise with the auditors to ensure that all queries are handled and investigate any anomalies.
- You will also have prepared and posted journals and have exposure to accruals and prepayments.
This is a fantastic position for a studying accountant (ACA/ACCA) with experience of working with statutory/management accounts. Ideally having worked within the Entertainment / Media Industry you will have also worked with foreign currencies. You will have excellent communication skills and excel to an intermediate level. This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive and developing business thriving in the current market. Apply now!
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.