Handle Recruitment are excited to be working with a fantastic live music and events company to find an ACA qualified Assistant Financial Controller to join their South East London office.
Reporting into the Financial Controller and sat within the wider finance team, this role will be responsible for the following duties:
- Day to day liaison with the Financial Controller Group team. Working alongside Finance Controller to ensure financial information is produced accurately and on a timely basis
- Help monitor and recommend improvements to systems and processes within the finance department. Assist in the maintaining documentation of key processes, policies and procedures.
- Help prepare reporting information for External Debt providers including Quarterly reporting of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flows in statutory format and debt covenant reporting.
- Review and approve balance sheet reconciliations for the smaller entities in the group
- Maintain balance sheet reconciliations in key areas across group companies
- Review and approve journal entries across group companies
- Review and approve bank payments across group companies
- Review and approve invoices across group companies
- Maintain supporting schedules and create journals in key accounting areas, such as leases, tax, deferred tax and interest.
- Oversight of VAT reporting and playing a key role in VAT query/problem resolution.
- Key contact for the external auditors. Provide assistance in the preparation and submission of all legal filings including statutory accounts & tax.
- Take full ownership and accountability for the balance sheet position & accuracy for the smaller entities within the group. Have full knowledge of all these companies and accounts at a detailed level.
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Be ACA qualified - preferably from Big 4/mid-tier practice.
- Excellent Excel skills
- Strong financial reporting experience, particularly in UK GAAP.
- Experience of working in a large finance team is desirable, but not essential.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.