A dynamic and quickly growing Technology company in Shoreditch are looking for an Assistant Accountant to join their expanding team on a contract basis. Supporting the Finance Director the Assistant Accountant will be responsible for producing, reconciling and analysing financial information as well as accounts payable and account receivable:
- Assistance with preparation of month end, prepayment and accrual journals
- Working with Departmental Heads in order to track cost and activities and supporting the forecasting cycle
- Processing invoices, PO raising, and procurement requests
- Managing the supplier database
- Daily, weekly and monthly KPI, Revenue and Cost reporting
- Preparing the month end management accounts process including the preparation of overheads and the generation of departmental overhead reports for budget holders.
- Support the team in the budgeting/forecasting process, meeting with budget holders across the business.
- Make sure that debtors responses are received
- Input sales invoices and receipts
- Must have a good understanding of accounting concepts including; double entry, accruals & prepayments
- Good working knowledge of debits and credits
- Computer Literacy - Excel, Outlook
- Keen eye for detail and the ability to work accurately, delivering to challenging deadlines.
- A basic understanding of accounting standards is desirable.
- Should be highly self-motivated, approachable, polite, and have the confidence to converse with a variety of different stakeholders across the business.
Handle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.