An excellent opportunity for an Assistant Management Accountant has just risen with one of Handle's Leading Media Clients in Central London:
Working in the the EMEA finance team, reporting to the finance manager, the Assistant Management Accountant will play a key role within the EMEA region; working to provide financial support and analysis as well as commercial input when required. This position also plays a part in the preparation of yearly budgets by liaising closely with specific Business Unit Managers and the Finance Manager, in projecting future costs.
Prepare reconciliations of all Balance Sheet accounts, to ensure all transactions are posted correctly, and that all variances are followed up on a timely basis.
- Check all primary postings to the specific Business Units, comparing to Budgets, and ensure accurate preparation
- Assist with the UK P&L
- Assist wth Fixed Assets report
- Provide finance support to help all relevant Business Unit Managers improve their future financial performance.
- Assist with accurate preparation of the Monthly Financial Reporting Pack, extracting all balances from the local finance system.
- Prepare VAT returns with HMRC
- Responsibility for the Accounts Payable function in the event of absence of Accounts Assistant.
- Support the Accounts Receivable function in the event of absence of Accounts Assistant.
- Complete all Excel files for all relevant Business Units, working with relevant Business Unit Managers and the Finance Manager to get all relevant information.
- Engage all of the Finance team to contribute to the budgeting process as required.
- Assist the Finance Manager in providing the necessary tools and training to enable all Business Unit Managers to understand and manage their budgets more effectively.
- Assist in the preparation for the Audit and liaising with Auditors.
Key Skill set:
- Degree level required (or equivalent)
- Pre qualified in CIMA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent.
- Experience working within a Finance department, ideally within media.
- Microsoft Office - Word - Intermediate.
- Microsoft Office - Excel - Advanced; with demonstrable experience; lookups and pivot tables.
- Proven reconciliation skills.
- Sound numerical skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
Handle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.