Assistant Management Accountant - Global Media Company - Central London
My client, a leading global Media business based in Central London are looking to hire a part qualified Assistant Management Accountant on a permanent basis. This Assistant Management Accountant will be responsible for both P&L and Balance Sheet, working to a tight month-end timetable and assisting the Commercial Business Partner with all financial duties.
This role will suit a candidate with 2 years experience within a Finance role, working towards a ACCA/CIMA qualification and for someone who is looking to delve deeper into Finance. This role sits within a great sociable team, with a fantastic working environment.
- Post accruals, prepayment and deferred revenue journals.
- Interrogate the integrity of the ledger and reconcile transactions to linked ERP and reporting tools and softwares.
- Close the P&L to a tight timetable.
- Provide commentary and variance analysis on month-end numbers.
- Complete and review Balance Sheet Reconciliations and identify risk.
- Review associated AR and Cashbook postings.
- Be a key contact for external auditors and interim and year-end audit deliverables.
- Engage with the business and operational teams, to ensure robustness of the ledger and record to report function.
- Support the commercial finance team during the annual planning process.
- Deliver appropriate reporting/analysis to the business as required.
- Review the work of an Accounts Assistant
- 2 years working as part of a finance function
- A background within Media/Publishing/Creative is desirable
- Part qualified ACCA/CIMA
- Degree educated with a 2:1 or above would be beneficial
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- IT proficient with strong MS Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.