Our client is one of the UK's most successful independent media brands. They are currently seeking a new Assistant Management Accountant to join their central London based accounting team.
The ideal candidate will be studying towards a professional qualification, such as ACCA or CIMA and will have a strong academic background.
Reporting to the Senior Management Accountant, you will be responsible for the following:
- Assistance in the preparation of the monthly management accounts up to trial balance
- Monthly VAT return to HMRC
- Liaison with parent company on a monthly basis to ensure all monthly journals are posted accurately
- Providing assistance with year end audit
- Ensure balance sheet reconciliations are reconciled on a quarterly basis
- Assist Management Accountant in preparation of forecasts/budgets
The ideal candidate:
- Media, broadcast or publishing experience strongly preferred
- Actively studying ACCA/CIMA
- Strong double entry journal posting experience
- Strong Excel knowledge
- A progressive attitude, excellent communicator and keen attention to detail
- Sage 200 experience a bonus
In return, you will receive excellent benefits, which includes full study support.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.