Assistant Management Accountant - Publishing - Central London
My client, an industry leader is looking for an Assistant Management Accountant to join the team on a permanent basis. This is an exciting time to join the business as they enter a new phase of growth and development. This Assistant Management Accountant role will be responsible for providing a commercial and proactive service to the finance function.
The role offers a great working environment, a collaborative work approach and also the opportunity to thrive professionally. The client are offering a study support package and are looking for a highly driven, enthusiastic candidate who is looking for the next step in their finance career.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of monthly management accounts, including journal posting, balance sheet account reconciliation, calculation of provisions and P&L variance analysis.
- Working in partnership with the divisional management to complete the budgeting and re forecasting processes by the preparation of templates, consolidation of data and completion of submissions to Group Finance.
- Support the publishing teams with pre- and post- investment appraisals, highlighting, monitoring and reporting on financial risk, based on internal and external data and analysis.
- Work closely with the Marketing department to manage spend, leading periodic reviews with appropriate budget holders.
- Work with colleagues in the Group Finance function to support their consolidation and reporting responsibilities and on matters such as accounting policies and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Suggest and implement process improvements
- Liaises with Accounts Payable to help ensure invoices are dealt with appropriately in the business
- Any other finance related duties
- At least 1 years experience working as part of a finance function (including internships or placement years)
- Experience using SAP would be highly desirable
- Ability to manage large amounts of data
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Driven, enthusiastic work approach
- Eager to learn and continue developing professionally
- Highly organised and ability to prioritise work load
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.