Handle are proud to recruit an Assistant Management Accountant for a leading retail company. As Assistant Management Accountant, you will assist in the timely delivery of monthly management accounts and report to the Senior Management Accountant. This is a challenging and progressive role, offering great exposure and progression.
Working within the Group Management Accounting function, your key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the monthly preparation of the accounts; being responsible for posting of a number of journals (accruals, prepayments, depreciation, Management Recharges throughout the brands in the group)
- Assisting in ensuring the P&L and Balance Sheet are correct and finalised in SAP to meet reporting deadlines
- Preparation of detailed balance sheet account reconciliations, including timely resolution of any issue.
- Ownership of inter company accounting positions ensuring that month end balances are correct in SAP/Hyperion and any mismatches with other entities are rectified
- Continuous improvement of processes: reducing month end processing time, improving quality of reporting and working with Finance Business Partners on the delivery of new cost centre reports
- Promoting a culture of rigorous controls across all accounting processes
We are looking for someone that has 1-2+ years of experience within a finance role, ideally with knowledge of SAP. The ideal candidate will have excellent attention to detail and enjoy being thorough, with the ability to analyse financial data and relay information to clients.
This is an excellent opportunity that offers great benefits, apply today!
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.