A fantastic opportunity to join a busy TV Network as an Assistant Management Accountant.
The main function of this role is to provide support to the Finance management team, by performing various management accounting tasks from budgeting and forecasting and month end management reporting to the maintenance of detailed work papers, cost reconciliations, processing of invoices and journals.
This is an important role and the ability to bridge the gap between finance and the business is key. The role is varied and will be expected to take on ad-hoc work depending on the business' needs.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including maintenance of detailed work papers, processing journals, variance analysis and month end reporting.
- Preparation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts for Overheads & Agencies in conjunction with finance and the business
- Month end balance sheet reconciliations
- Monthly management accounting for Freelance spend including compilation of monthly accrual calculation, variance analysis and monthly reporting back to the business
- Management of shared costs and efficiencies - analysis of contracts, purchase order set up and liaison with operational management to ensure accuracy of cost allocations
- Develop strong relationships within Finance and non-finance operational staff
- Support tasks as required, including management reporting of the weekly estimates or planned events, accrual and prepayment preparation and monthly reconciliations to Integra (General Ledger system)
- Support with checking and coding all related invoices appropriately, facilitating invoice authorisation on a timely basis and dealing with any related queries
- Provision of system support within the business with E-purchasing (raising purchase orders) and E-invoicing (authorising invoices) in Integra
- Support with cost code set up and maintenance, ability to understand the organisational views within the general ledger to ensure accurate reporting
- Team player, providing support to the Finance Manager and the Finance team as required
The ideal candidate will be:
- Part-qualified CIMA or ACCA or equivalent with at least 2 years' finance experience
- Eagerness to pursue a management accounting career
- Interest in media and current affairs desirable
- Intermediate/advanced excel skills
- Experience with Integra desirable
- Ability to create and maintain good relationships with finance and operational staff
- Highly motivated, proactive, good oral and written communication skills, good interpersonal skills, professional attitude
APPLY NOW to avoid missing out on this great opportunity.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.