Assistant Manager - Music Merchandise
North West London
Fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Manager to join a Music Merchandise market leader with a global reputation.
As the Assistant Manager, you will work in partnership with the Shop Manager to run a small business unit focusing on retail operations, customer service, visual merchandising and team development. You will also play a key role in promoting this iconic brand.
Key features will include:
- Retail Management - working with management team to develop the commercial strategy, ensuring the shop meets its revenue targets and that the products meet the brand as well as helping to develop Standard Operating Procedures to maximise sales and enhance the visitor experience
- Retail Performance - Reviewing the trading data, identifying business critical issues and preparing timely, accurate and high quality reposts using the EPOS system
- Retail Operations - Daily opening, closing and reporting procedures of the store, selling store merchandise, coordinating store displays, special promotions, reconciling weekly sales and preparing bank deposits
- Stock management - keeping the merchandise in store and warehouse in stock, organised, and displayed appropriately, also liaising with warehousing to ensure deliveries are processed promptly, stored methodically and taking responsibility to coordinate the store's annual stock take
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong background in retail store management and extensive customer-facing retail experience including cash handling, use of EPOS systems and experience in establishing written procedures
- Experience in recruiting and effectively managing teams in a retail environment, including performance management and skills training
- Experience of translating vison/broad strategies into specific targets and tasks
- A passion for music and music merchandise
If you have a keen interest in music and are interested in finding out more about this exciting Assistant Manager position, please apply now!
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.