An opportunity to be part of a Global leader in Film, Media & Entertainment; joining their retail division who operate a number of stores across the UK.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
To support the Merchandiser and Buyer to consistently provide customers with the most relevant and appropriate range of consumer goods.
Areas of Responsibility:
* Assist in the development of the departmental strategy which delivers balanced and well-constructed ranges from the global assortment that offers real choice to the Guest
* Understand the supply chain for the department and the stages of the critical path from source, through the European Distribution Centre to sale. Working with Distribution and Central Planning to ensure the most efficient, cost effective flow and movement of stock.
* Under the guidance of the Merchandiser, manage all elements of the hit planner. Plan promotional strategy including sales and stocks and provide the Distribution team with a robust forecast for allocation.
* Using in season MFP forecast, trade the department to achieve the planned sales, markdown, margin and stock targets, accounting for promotions, space, cube and franchise.
* With the Assistant Buyer, conduct regular in-season trading reviews to review performance and share findings with the Buyer and Merchandiser.
* Proactively review department performance at all levels and propose action to be taken to Merchandiser regarding re-buys, price, promotional activity and exit strategies.
* Ensure all product related communications are correct, accurate and actioned on time with all the relevant people. This includes all promotional and markdown activity, as well as product/range launches and releases.
* Visit Stores and the European Distribution Centre with Merchandiser and/or other department representatives to understand the company product, staging and any operational issues and feedback as required.
* Proactively instigate ad-hoc analysis. Interpret results and recommend actions. Ensure reporting is accurate and consistent
* Support the Merchandising Assistant (MA) in the completion of all administrative tasks.
* Proven experience as an MA/Allocator/Distributor within an omni-channel retailer, essential
* Previous experience at AM level
* Experience of participating in range construction, desirable
* Experience of overseeing the performance of other team members, desirable
* Demonstrable experience of working in teams and building effective relationships
* Highly numerate with excellent Excel skills
* High level of accuracy and attention to detail
* Exceptional time planning and organisation skills
* Influencing skills with the ability to achieve buy-in at all
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.